Sunday, July 28, 2013

Basic info.

The Black Haqintosh is a super-premium custom hardware Macintosh project. The hardware is 6 core, watercooled, and tri-SLI. If  I can get it running, it could be one of the fastest macs in the world.
This blog is a diary of my attempts to configure it.

Here is the hardware for my hackintosh attempt:

SYSTEM: CPU: Intel Core i7 3960X @3.3GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-x79-UD7 (UEFI 10)
RAM: R-Skillz RIPJAWS 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Video:NVIDIA 680 GTX
Audio: Creative SB X-Fi

Sata drive 2 is dedicated to the hacintosh, I call it the Mac drive. I have a working OSX 10.8 VirtualBox vm, I use it to work on the Mac drive. I access the Mac drive my using VIrtualBox's raw host drive facility.

I will boot from an EFI system partition (ESP). OSX 10.8 will be installed on the second partition, labeled EXECUTOR. Bootloader is Clover, I built from source, Version 2, revision 1913. I used the clover installer on the ESP.

I have installed the GA-x79-UD7 DSDT.aml into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, My config.plist is mostly defaults, I may need to hack many attributes, especially the FixDsdtMask. This is all opaque at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment